Find out what the Search Engines love to hate!
Knowing what the Search Engines DO NOT want is equally important as knowing what they DO want! Here are some tips on what NOT to do when submitting your site to the search engines.
We’ve all been bombarded with promises from companies who can get your website listed and frankly, there’s a lot of garbage out there! Not with i-Position. Get the straight talk on what the search engines don’t want you to do and be one step ahead of the Search Engine Positioning game!
What the Search Engines love to hate!
- SPAM! Repeated submissions of your site to a Search Engine, submitting pages that have irrelevant content, and excessive, repetitive use of keywords are all considered Search Engine spamming. And spamming is one of the most effective ways to make sure your site never gets listed.
- Hidden Text. Hiding text, such as putting white text on a white background, will guarantee that your site is dropped or banned from Search Engines.
- Inappropriate use of Redirect or Refresh Pages – particularly for the Home Page. A redirect page is a coded page, which automatically sends the viewer to another page. If a spider gets to a refresh code, it will often turn away.
- Mass or auto-submitting your website to Search Engines. Some sites now require reading a randomized code to prevent auto-submitters, while other sites consider it spam. Manual submission may take a little extra time, but it’s well worth it!
- Duplicating a submission or over-submitting. Verify that I position the pages are NOT entered prior to submitting. Some Search Engines will remove your page if it’s already in their database, so keep a checklist. Once you’ve made submissions, give it at least 4 to 6 weeks before resubmitting or the Search Engine may think you are spamming.
- Check out each Search Engine’s FAQs and help pages for up-to-date, detailed information on what they will and won’t accept.
- Well thought out design is likely to improve both your viewers’ experience and your Search Engine positioning. A good balance of text and graphics will help you to achieve your goals.
- Using deceptive practices, as attractive as they may be, will damage your positioning in the long run. Be kind to the Search Engines and they’ll be kind to you!
Get targeted traffic!
i-Position customized search engine positioning, optimization and website marketing programs put your site on the first page of the major search engines for targeted keywords. We offer a full range of search engine positioning and marketing services, including…
The i-Position Search Engine Marketing Report Our starter level “do-it-yourself” report featuring a review of your website, recent web traffic statistics, current site positioning, and recommendations on how to optimize it for better search engine positioning. Also includes a full report on the top Search Engines, what they need to properly index your site and links for submission.
We purchased the i-Position report for our Web-Cards site – and the changes we made have already made a difference in our search engine positioning!
For a limited time, i-Position is offering Web-Cards customers a special discount on the i-Position Search Engine Marketing Report. It is the only report on the market that, in addition to providing you with step-by-step instructions, actually reviews your site and provides recommendations on what specific changes you need to make to your site to rank higher in targeted search results for the top Search Engines. Includes 50 pages of information about the top Search Engines and directories, plus the basics on starting a keyword bidding or pay-per-click program.
Order the i-Position Search Engine Marketing Report for your website $355 (Regularly $395 – a savings of 10% for web-cards customers only!) To take advantage of this special offer go to /web-cards.
Also check out the Fall Schedule for the i-Position Search Engine Marketing Seminars.
For more information about i-Position and their Search Engine Positioning and Optimization Services go to Print-Services.com.